SO GOOD TO BE BACK COACHING AGAIN
It feels so good to be fully back coaching with my clients again. Last week was the first week that I felt like hair salons are getting back to being focused and in control of their business again. Beauty is still is not open which is a massive challenge that hopefully we will see change very soon.
The last 6 weeks I have found most people just” spinning” out of control and trying to do the best they can. I am so glad that I have had the time to support salon owners who have needed someone to lean on. May is the time to get back in to a routine and start to manage your salon again and really start to plan for the best future you can have. This is going to mean changes that will look and feel different.
If you are a coaching client and have not made your next appointment please call me so we can get you organised and in a routine again. I have lots of fresh new ideas to help with the necessary changes.
WHAT CHANGES HAVE WE NEEDED TO MAKE
None of us have ever lived through personal or business times like we have had over recent weeks. We have been tested in many ways.
- Our flexibility to adjust to changes (often daily)
- The level of care and compassion we share with friends, clients and our team
- Financial stress that we could not have planned for
- Working with strict social distancing
- Making big changes to hygiene practices
- Working our way through government stimulus packages and grants
- Spending hours on social media with the good, bad and the ugly
- Most of all not having direct contact with family and friends. I miss the hugs
The good thing is we are slowly heading in a forward direction one day at a time, hopefully we will be back to our wonderful normal way of life very soon.
SOME THINGS TO FOCUS ON THAT ARE NECESSARY AND FULFILLING
- Firstly, don’t bury your head in the sand and avoid something that you know to be essential. No one else will do this for you.
- Speak to your accountant so you know what your break-even point is currently, this might change every couple of weeks. If you know what cash flow you need, you can try and work with this for social distancing and the number of hours you should open and the number of staff needed for these times.
- Look after your top clients first. Those who are loyal and who come frequently to visit. Your software can tell you who these are.
- It is a good investment to try, where possible, to add a few new clients. They may be loyal clients of another salon that is still closed and you always need more good quality clients.
- During the last few weeks product sales have gone up in some cases by a lot. Keep this focus happening? Clients have not been spending on socialising and retail therapy, so they do have money to spend on themselves. Stay in front of your clients with prompts and messages about your beautiful products. There is also a loyalty to Australian made and support your local business so be sure to promote this also.
DO YOU HAVE A WOW BOARD IN YOUR SALON OR ON YOUR FB GROUP PAGE?
What exactly is a wow board? It is simply a board in your staff room where all the team can write up something they think is a wow or a feel good thought! We need all the positive energy we can get at the moment
It might be
- A great saying for the day (lots of these on Pinterest)
- A thank you to another team member
- Say something nice about another team member
- Happy birthday
- Anniversary of a team members start day
- Tip of the day
- Fun or a laugh for the day
- Something that brings a smile and makes people feel good
NEW CLIENT COURTESTY CALLS
New clients who visit your salon at this time may be a “very loyal client” of another salon that is still closed or fully booked. In conversation they may share that they have been going to “their other salon” for 5 years. You know you always provide excellent service and do beautiful services but what else can you do to show the client that you care and are different and hopefully retain that client.
Make a list at your next team meeting of the things that you can do. I suggest a follow up call or text is a must to add to your list.Share: